Pages

~ Pasta w/ Chicken and Brussels Sprouts ~

Well I kinda feel stupid! Back when I wrote this post, I couldn't remember the name of the recipe we were trying.  Well behold... the oh so hard name of the recipe.... "Pasta with Chicken and Brussels Sprouts".  Yes, that is what it is called. You'd think there would be another name for it! Oh well.


Here is what you will need:

  • 12 oz cavatappi pasta (I went with just large elbow macaroni, couldn't find this type of pasta)
  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1/2 in chunks
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 10 oz Brussels Sprouts, sliced
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 1/4 cup dried, plain breadcrumbs
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley

 First and foremost, I hate chopping garlic, or chopping anything finely.  But with garlic, get the Chef N Garlic Zoom Chopper.  It is seriously the best!!!! Put your cloves in there and roll it like a toy car.  Those with kids, they would like this "rolling" part, especially the boys.  So.... go get it!







Heat large covered saucepan of salted water to boiling, cook pasta as labeled.  FYI, you'll want a larger pot here because you will be combing everything into this pot.  I learned the hard way! :)

Season chicken with salt and pepper.  Heat oil on medium heat, add chicken, cook until it is done. Transfer the chicken into another bowl.



I used the same skilled (cleaned it, obviously) and added the spouts, water, margarine, red pepper, and salt.  I cooked that for about 3 minutes then added the breadcrumbs and garlic, cooking for another 2 minutes to toast the breadcrumbs.



When you drain your pasta, save about 1/2 cup of that water.  Return your pasta to the pot, stir in the chicken, sprouts, and the pasta water.  Serve with Parmesan and parsley.

I personally like cheese, so I put a lot on mine and I think the cheese really topped the dish off perfectly!
Overall thoughts of this: it was actually very good, just the right amount of every flavoring!





1 comment:

Reading comments motivates me to write more awesome stuff, not to mention makes my DAY! ♥ I always respond (via email) to EVERY comment posted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...