Pages

~ Meet Neri (the girl whose Sneakers Sparkle)! ~

While I'm enjoying my relaxation (still), I've asked Neri to take over my blog for the day!  Be sure to stop by her place and say hi! All her links are at the end of her guest post!  Super sweet gal, you'll be glad that you got to know her!
Take it away Neri: 
 
 
 
Hey y'all!  I'm Tawny's friend, Neri (as in netty, you know... just roll the "r").  Since Tawny is off gettin' her vacation on this week, she asked if I would share some words on her blog.
   
  I do the blogging over at Sparkling with Sneakers and although Sparkling is rather new, I've been blogging for 5 years.  I came across Tawny's blog a while ago and began chatting with her via email.  As soon as I read that she loves dogs, runs, and is a fellow Bachelor/ette fan... oh my, we became instant friends y'all!!  She makes me literally "lol" all the time.
 photo IMG_7049-Version2.jpg
So a bit about me.  I'm an Air Force wife, a homeschooling mom of 2, and a bit of a health nut.  
I wasn't always a "health nut".  I'm a recovering food addict.  After many rough years, I decided to take control of my health and lost over 40 lbs last year.  

These days I am working on new goals.  I have a passion for encouraging and motivating others to live a healthy lifestyle one goal at a time.  Over at Sparkling with Sneakers, I blog about food, sharing recipes and resources, my family, and I even host fitness challenges.  I love sharing the highs of my life journey and at times the hard stuff that makes me relatable.  

 photo IMG_3086-1.jpg


With that said, I have something yummy to share with y'all.

Protein Pudding:
 photo IMG_3729.jpg
what you'll need:
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
1 scoop whey or casein protein (I used cookies & cream, but the choices are endless)
2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (depends on your desired consistency.  Start with 2)
optional toppings:
mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
shredded coconut
berries
step 1:  throw cottage cheese, protein, and almond milk into a blender, or small food processor.
step 2: blend thoroughly until smooth.  
step 3: check consistency.  If you feel it's too thick for you, you can add 1-2 more tbsp's of almond milk.
step 4: complete with desired toppings.  I prefer fresh berries.  My husband and kids go crazy for chocolate chips and shredded coconut.  You can even add peanut butter!  Make it your own by adding your favorites!

 photo IMG_3724.jpg

 photo IMG_3726.jpg

 photo IMG_3727.jpg

 photo IMG_3728.jpg
 photo IMG_3734.jpg

 photo IMG_3735.jpg
There you have it!  Hope you enjoy it!!
I'd love for you to visit with me on my bloginstagramtwitter, and/or facebook.
Thanks for letting me share with your readers Tawny! 
Have a beautiful day!
-Neri


 photo tawnysiggy_zps35e4128e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading comments motivates me to write more awesome stuff, not to mention makes my DAY! ♥ I always respond (via email) to EVERY comment posted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...