Pages

~ Vodka Pasta ~

This is an extremely easy dish and can be very good, just make sure you cook the vodka off! The first time I did it, I didn't let simmer it long enough and it tasted like PURE vodka!

You'll need:
  • 1 box of penne
  • 3 cups of marinara
  • 1 cup of vodka
  • 1/2 cup of heaving whipping cream (at room temp)
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan 
  • salt and pepper


I'm not going to tell you how to cook your noodles, it's pretty self explanatory.

As for the vodka sauce.... you'll want to put the marinara and vodka in a sauce pan and simmer for awhile.  As for how long, it's up to you.  Keep tasting it... eventually the vodka taste will die down, just depends how strong you want it. Personally... I'd say like 5 minutes or so.
You'll then stir in your heaving whipping cream, then remove from the heat.



 
Add the Parmesan (I like to add MORE, I ♥ cheese!) and salt and pepper to your liking. 

You can add your noodles to this or leave it separate and combine it to your liking when you eat.  I personally like to have more sauce than noodles so I never combine my sauce and noodles into 1 pan.





Bam! There you have it, vodka pasta! 
After you eat this, you'll never buy it from the jar again!

Enjoy! 

P.S. Mandie... I hope this one you can use (she can't eat seafood and I've posted alot of recipes with seafood, she called me out at our friends wedding we attended).  :)  The heat cooks out the alcohol, so you should be good!
 

1 comment:

Reading comments motivates me to write more awesome stuff, not to mention makes my DAY! ♥ I always respond (via email) to EVERY comment posted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...