Pages

~ Cool Ranch Crock Pot Chicken Tacos ~

Lately I've been trying to find healthy recipes (for my picky self) on Pinterest and I have to admit I get side tracked when I just see stuff that looks good!  Ooops!

Then I get side tracked on DIY crafts. But we will go there another day.

I few weeks ago I was looking for some crock pot chicken tacos. So I asked my food friend over at Fantastical Sharing of Recipes for some.  She gives me this one and this one.  Which I have to admit, look amazing!

However, when I actually decided to do it, I was mesmerized by a picture on Pinterest.  Yeah... pictures will suck you in! Right?!   Not to mention I'm a BIG fan of ranch. Ranch on everything is how I like it!

So, you can find this recipe here. Be sure to follow me here (if you please). :)

I threw the idea at the guys at work, they pitched in some money and I went to the store.

Here is what you'll need:
- 4 chicken breast (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 packet of ranch dressing
- 14 ounces of chicken broth
- Any toppings you'd like

I used like 6 chicken breast and doubled everything else. Why 6, I ran out! Eek!




 Combine all ingredients in the crock pot.

I started it like at 5:30 in the morning, unplugged it like at 6:30 and plugged it back in at 7:30 when I got back to work.  You are supposed to set it on low heat for 5 hours. 


After those 5 hours, shred the chicken and put back in the "broth". Then let sit for another 30 minutes or so.


Bamm, there you have it!  Sorry for the sucky picture.  I personally used corn tortillas, they did fall apart. Anyone have any clue how to prevent that from happening?


This fed these 4 men and me.  With a little left over.  They gave the 2 thumbs up, but then again is it hard to impress men when it comes to food?

Sadly I couldn't taste the ranch.  It was a Pinterest fail in that department.  But oh well! Still good none the less. 

I hope you enjoy. If you try it, let me know how it turns out! :)


 photo tawnysiggy_zps35e4128e.png

1 comment:

  1. I wish the guys here were easy to impress in the food department. I think it's my fault for having them pay attention to what I cook. SNOTS. lol

    ReplyDelete

Reading comments motivates me to write more awesome stuff, not to mention makes my DAY! ♥ I always respond (via email) to EVERY comment posted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...