Pages

~ Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana ~



Pretty spiffy name there huh? Let's take it apart thanks to the dictionary! :)

Rollatini is a dish consisting of thin slices of poultry or meat rolled around a filling, especially of ham and cheese, and baked in a sauce.

Alla.... not quite sure.  I got a lot of different explanations. 

Parmigiana means cooked with Parmesan cheese. 

Whatever the words meant when I first seen the picture, I could care less! Ha!  The picture looked amazing.  I got this recipe from www.skinnytaste.com  I highly suggest getting on their mailing list.  I've gotten a few amazing recipes that I can't wait to try.


What you'll need:
     8 thing chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
     1/2 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (I couldn't find wheat)
     1/4 cup grated parmesean cheese, divided 
     6 tablespoons egg whites or egg beaters
     5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
     6 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
     6 oz part skim mozzarella
     Olive oil non stick spray
     1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce
     salt and pepper to taste

You'll want to wash and dry your cutlets and season with salt and pepper. 
Preheat the oven to 450. Lightly spray your baking dish with the non stick spray. 

Your making 3 different bowls of stuff here.  One for the stuffing, one for the outter part (crust?), and then egg whites so the crust sticks. 

Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp of the Parmesan cheese in 1 bowl and 1/4 cup of egg whites in another.

Shred or finely chop about 1.5 oz of mozzarella and combine with the rest of the Parmesan cheese you have, spinach, 2 tbsp egg whites, and ricotta cheese.

I probably had too much spinach.
Lay your chicken down on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach cheese mixture on each cutlet. 




 Loosely roll each one and keep the seam side down.



Dip chicken into the egg mixture, then into the breadcrumbs and then place seam down in a baking dish.  No toothpicks are needed for this.  The breadcrumbs kinda seals in the cheese. 



Bake for 25 minutes, remove from the oven, top with sauce then the mozzarella (I cut into slices).

Pre cheese meltage!! :)
 Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling, like 3 or so minutes. 









 photo tawnysiggy_zps35e4128e.png

4 comments:

  1. Um yum! It looks so fancy, but super simple to put together. Definitely going on my list of meals to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH!!! That looks soo stinking good!!! Girlfriend!! I can't eat that cheese and now i'm going to go cry. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I found your blog! I am about to go up to college and I was stressing about how I was sick of all the food I made last year. Blogs make it easier to follow recipes! Thanks for all the yummy food tips!

    -Hailey

    http://haileycheyanne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Printing this out- looks so delicious! Although looks like a lot of dishes too... I am lazy :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading comments motivates me to write more awesome stuff, not to mention makes my DAY! ♥ I always respond (via email) to EVERY comment posted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...