Pages

~ Let's Do This ~

So as mentioned in my very first post I signed up for my very first 1/2 Marathon!  I planned on getting started weeks ago, but obviously that didn't happen. So tonight I am back at it!  I've got a little less than 9 weeks, which from what I've read I need 12.  Oh well, the way I look at it, I'm doing one, right?  Whether I walk, run, jog, or crawl past that finish line, I will finish it proudly! 

One thing I try to do when I hit the gym again is TRY my best to eat SOMEWHAT healthy, it's very hard to do for me!  Am I pro at knowing what "healthy" is, NO!  But with the help of my fellow gym buddy, she helps me know what is good and what is not!

I'm not a big fan of fruits and vegetables at all!  One thing I found that I loved was a banana smoothie.  I actually HATE bananas, the texture side of it, but I love the smoothie version.  I've been doing the smoothie version here and there and decided to add strawberries to it this morning. So below is just some ice, 2 bananas, and 2 strawberries.  I was scared to add any more strawberries because of the taste, but maybe I'll add more tomorrow morning, it wasn't that bad!  My lovely husband was glad to be my taste tester for this one!


Another favorite of mine I actually heard of on the radio on a Kroger ad.  It was about tuna avocado salad.  I told myself, I needed to find a recipe.  All the ones I could find had stuff that I'd rather not put in there.  I got ideas and put something together myself.  1 avocado, 1 can of light tuna, and 2 hard boiled eggs.  I usually cut and mix at work because I keep forgetting lime juice which helps the avocado not turn brown.  It does take up some of my lunch time, but oh well!  The first time I had it I thought to myself, wow I'm not full at all!  But give it 15-20 minutes, it'll settle and you'll be full!  :) 


If you have any healthy recipes for a picky person like me, please throw them my way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading comments motivates me to write more awesome stuff, not to mention makes my DAY! ♥ I always respond (via email) to EVERY comment posted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...