Pages

~ Lentil Salad ~


 
I eyeballed this salad for weeks! The color really called out to me.  I got the recipe from Skinny Taste. You should seriously subscribe to their emails, I get tons of good recipes (healthy too).

First and foremost, I used my ninja for the majority of the vegetables, only because I'm not a fan of them. I'm sure you're asking yourself, "Then why did you wanna try this?" The answer is.... I just wanted to try something new.  The older I get the more I wanna try new things

What you'll need:
  • 1 cup dry brown lentils
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 2 sprigs fresh thyme
  • 1 cup finely diced carrots
  • 1/3 cup finely diced celery
  • 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
  • 1/4 cup minced parsley
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 5 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • Salt and pepper



In a saucepan combine lentils, bay leaf, and thyme.  Add enough water to cover about an inch and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered until the lentils are tender, roughly 16 minutes.



Drain the lentils and take out the bay leaf. 



Put your lentils in a large work bowl and add all your other goodies (carrots, celery, red pepper, red onion, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper). Toss and serve chilled or at room temperature! 

Now for my thoughts on this dish:  it didn't do it for me, no need to sugar coat it.  I just didn't like it (maybe because it's healthy?).  It lacked flavor. Have you made this before, what would you add?  

Next soup I wanna try is the Creamy Lentil Soup from Skinny Taste! Maybe it'll taste better?



 photo tidbits-sig1_zps277a4c83.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading comments motivates me to write more awesome stuff, not to mention makes my DAY! ♥ I always respond (via email) to EVERY comment posted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...