Pages

~ Buffalo Chicken Chili ~




 

It's that time of the year for soups!!!  My neighbor made some buffalo chicken chili the other day and I decided to try and make some for myself.  I added beans to mine! Yum!

What you'll need:
  • 4 cups of shredded chicken (I used rotisserie and it was so much easier).
  • 1 can of northern beans
  • 1 can of kidney beans
  • 1 cup of salsa (chunky or not, your choice)
  • 1/2 red onion (diced)
  • 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth
  • 2 packages of dry ranch mix
  • Buffalo sauce (your choice)
  • Olive oil
  • Corn (optional)



 First you'll sauteed the diced red onion with the olive oil. Then you'll add the shredded chicken, buffalo sauce (to your liking, but don't over do it), and 1 package of ranch mix. Saute that for a few minutes.


Then you'll move everything into a bigger pot. Combine everything, which is the chicken mixture, salsa, chicken broth, more buffalo sauce if you desire, beans, and 2nd package of ranch mix.  Simmer on low until heated thoroughly.

Now, I'm sure you can do this in the crockpot, I did not try.
Also, as mentioned above you could have added corn which would have been good.

More optional items would be heavy whipping cream at the end, sour cream, or green onions.

As you see my optional items were cheese and avocado.  The avocado just topped it off!!


 photo tidbits-sig1_zps277a4c83.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading comments motivates me to write more awesome stuff, not to mention makes my DAY! ♥ I always respond (via email) to EVERY comment posted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...