Pages

~ Sarah - 2 years after adoption ~


 
Today is 2 years since we signed the adoption papers on Miss Sarah! 
Before Steven left to go back to Afghanistan February 2011 we decided we needed a new dog to keep Maggie company. 
Sarah was at Precious Friends, although we found her through the local newspaper, ya know when they put dogs in there that need to be adopted?
Here she is at the adoption place sitting in Steven's lap:

We brought her home 2 days before Steven left so we could see if they got along. 
At the beginning it was rough... I think Maggie was jealous of her.  Not kidding you here... we brought Sarah in the house, they sniffed each other out and Maggie took a poo right there front of us, kinda like "This is what you get for trying to replace me".  Which isn't what we were trying to do at all!  She needed a friend! 
They fought some which really upset me, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to deal with it after Steven left. 
I ended up taking her back the day Steven left, let me tell you, I was a total mess when I dropped her off.  I balled like a baby and wished I could keep her for another week to see if things would get better.  I am not kidding you when I said I balled, ask anyone that was there that day!!!!  I was mad at myself for not being able to give it more time.  It was a VERY tough decision for me.    
After I dropped her off I went to the movies to get my mind off of things, near the end of the movie my phone lights up, I knew the number... it was Precious Friends.  They called to tell me that if I wanted to, I could keep her as long as needed to see if it would work out.  Needless to say I jumped on the opportunity, I picked her up the next day!  I am sooo blessed that they called (I think they felt a little sorry for me after seeing me ball like a baby).
A week was all I needed to see that it just took time. 


So, here we are 2 years later... and a little weight!  :)





Today, they love each other!!! Sarah has probably 5 stuffed hedgehogs around the house that she absolutely adores.  We try to get outside and play a little frisbee every day. They both are my shadows, if you can't find them, find me!  Well that's unless some else has food!  :)  They are both bundles of fur and love!!



If you ever want a puppy or a grown dog, please try adoption places out there first.  There is always a dog looking for a warm loving home! Not sure how all shelters work, but like us, we were able to take her home for a few days.  Doesn't hurt to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading comments motivates me to write more awesome stuff, not to mention makes my DAY! ♥ I always respond (via email) to EVERY comment posted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...